Special Meeting – Notice of special resolution
The Alberta Foster Parent Association (AFPA) will be holding a special meeting of its members on Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 from 1:00 pm – 3pm at the AFPA Office, 303 – 9488 – 51st Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 5A6
Notice of special resolution: proposed changes to the Official Name & Bylaws
Notice is hereby given to all AFPA members that there is intention to propose the following resolution to be passed as a special resolution during the special meeting being held on Monday, November 28, 2017.
WHEREAS the Board of Directors of the Alberta Foster Parent Association recommends amendments to the Association’s Bylaws;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Bylaws be amended as follows:
- The Official Name of the Association be changed from: ALBERTA FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION (AFPA) to ALBERTA FOSTER AND KINSHIP ASSOCIATION (AFKA)
- All instances of Foster Home Member be changed to Foster and Kinship Caregiver Member
- All instances of Alberta Human Services be changes to Alberta Children’s Services
- MEMBER CLASS: ADD: Corporate/Agency Member: Corporate/Agency Members receive the benefits of Association members, including discounted rates for their staff (not caregivers) to attend Association functions but are not voting members.
- OFFICERS AND TERMS OF OFFICE: to be changed to the following to reflect the current regions and to prevent the need to amend in the future:
The Board, which consists of not more than sixteen (16) members, shall manage the affairs of the Association; this includes a director from each region as outlined by Alberta Children’s Services and from Treaties 6, 7 & 8.
- In the event that a Director of the Board is unable to attend a meeting of the Board, he/she may send a delegate to attend the meeting. The delegate shall have the same voting rights and responsibilities at the meeting as the Director who is not able to attend. The delegate shall be a member of the AFPA in good standing.
- In the event that a Director of the Board is unable to attend a meeting of the Board, he/she may send a delegate to attend the meeting. The delegate shall have the same voting rights and responsibilities at the meeting as the Director who is not able to attend. The delegate shall be a voting member of the AFPA in good standing.
- BOARD MEETINGS: QUORUM: Remove current AFPA website address as the domain name may be changing for the website.
Whenever under the provisions of the Bylaws of the Association notice is required to be given, unless otherwise provided in this Bylaw, the notice may be given either personally or emailed or faxed or by depositing it in a post office or a public mailbox, in a prepaid, sealed wrapper addressed to the Director, or Member at the address as it appears on the books of the Association. A notice or other documentation sent by post or public mailbox, or if emailed or faxed shall be held to be sent when it was transmitted or when deposited in a postal receptacle. For the purpose of sending any notice, the address of any Member, Director, or Officer shall be the last address of such person as recorded on the books of the Association. Any person entitled to receive any notice may waive the notice either before or after the meeting to which the notice refers.
Whenever under the provisions of the Bylaws of the Association notice is required to be given, unless otherwise provided in this Bylaw, the notice may be given either by phone, e-mail, meeting notices, bulletin boards, newsletters, announcements at regularly scheduled meetings or electronically (email, website, social media etc.). Every effort will be made to notify all interested parties and members of the Association of upcoming meetings.
- MEMBERSHIP ON COMMITTEES
Members of committees shall be appointed by, and hold office at the pleasure of the Board.
Members of committees shall be appointed by, and hold office at the discretion of the Board.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us Monday – Friday 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM at 1-800-667-2372.